Wednesday 5 December 2007

A Song Tag

Noon tagged me for my previous song post and here I am sharing another favourite song of mine. Well, have you listened to Poongathu Tirumbuma from the movie Mudhal Mariyadai? Actor - Shivaji Ganeshan, Director – Bharathiraja and Music Director – Illayaraja. I simply am in love with this song for its music, cast, direction and of course its melody. Both Rajas – Bharathiraja and Ilayaraja at their height of performance, one Raja casting one of India’s all-time greatest actor and setting a lovely village scene highlighting one of his finest storytelling efforts, while the other Raja, enriching the whole experience with the soul-searching flute. Also, love the way S Janaki and Vasudevan sing their verses with brilliant pauses and take on s. Enjoy the song...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chitu,
mm..Before I comment, I happen to read couple of your blogs. It is interesting to see that you have tried to write about varied topics that interest you, indeed informative and equally enjoyable.
About this post..I love the way you have described the song, as for the legends in the video "what can I say" . Well I like the depth of your choice of music, unrelenting yet tender.
Happy Blogging !!
Love you lots
Laksh

Chitra said...

Thank you sooo much Laksh. I am no good about writing heavy topics and stuff unlike the other super bloggers. Iam still at a junior level :) I loved this song and wanted to write about it in my blog so here it is.

Anonymous said...

Good one Chits.. wish I could write like this too.. Ok.. what do you think of this song.. tu hi mere shab hein.. from gangster..I haven't seen the movie but I like that song.. and tujhe dekh dekh sona.. tell me your view on these ok :-)..Koki

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie I was just reading your other topics along with this da:-) It is just so enjoyable to read. Keep it up my girl, by the way I like this song da - Aakhen teri kithni haseen, ke inka aashiq main ban gaya hoon, mujko basale inme tu.....ishq hai

Chitra said...

Koks - thanks da..I like the songs Tu Hi meri..and Tujhe Dekh Dekh tho used to be like my everyday song. I like both the movies Gangster and Kalyug a lot.

Anjuuuu - Thanks a lot da...finally you had the time to read my blog. Hey which song is this? haven't heard...which movie?