Friday 29 June 2007

First vacation to namma Beng-a-luuru Apr - May 07

Wow! the very thought takes me back to a lovely, amazing and hectic time I had in Bangalore. 28th April 07' I woke up early like never before and thought to make a 'To Do' list before doing the final packing and getting ready to leave.

28 Apr 07 1.00 pm GMT

Cab driver - City Cab!
Me on the Entry Phone - Oh! yes we'll come out in 5 minutes.
Cab driver - Ok!

We loaded our baggages and all set to Vrrroooooommmm!

Heathrow at 1.30 pm was soo packed. Abhi looked like a normal person, a traveller (yet seemed excited, as this time he travelled to Bangalore with me and not on work) and I had my eyes lit, heart felt soo god damn restless, mind was awefully impatient and felt, as if I were going to faint anytime. I was damn excited about the fact that we were going to Blore after 8 long months, seeing our people and the fact that I was to fly EMIRATES. All the silliest things around looked wonderful to me (I was total abnormal that day).

EMIRATES ROCKZ!

We had a stop over in Dubai for 6 hours and I was thrilled with the thought of airport shopping. Well, each time Abhi spoke about Dubai, I wondered why he had this volcanic emotion about the place. But, the moment we landed Dubai, man! I have no words for you. The place is sooo coooooooooooool and the airport is sooooooo massive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I wanted to start off with my shopping right then, but my hubby boy had his own rules (he forms instant rules whenever he sees the shopping bug active in me! .... thats Abhi). The rule was that we had to go to the lounge, take rest, eat sleep get fresh and then head to shop. Hummmm! enjoyed every bit of it. After waiting for 2 hours in the lounge (After Shopping) did we hear some one from the counter announcing "Mr and Mrs Abhiman, please report to the reception ASAP" I didnt know what was happening.......Abhi managed to pose like a prankist. Indeed, to my surprise we both got upgraded to Business Class.....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Thanks to Abhi's FF miles. Now, it goes without saying that we had a blissful journey throughout.

When heard the crew announcing that we are about to land Bangalore in 20 mins, Man! I closed my eyes and Phew!! here I felt that clouds hugged me and made me feel that they missed me soo much and the fact that hit me was when I realised the place, my people and my life for 25 years was just so wonderful.

Both of us excited, but the very thought of going through the immigration made us come back to our senses. Hummm! Abhi looked normal again, I couldn't get any closer to normalcy.

MMMMMMM!! namma bengaluuuru....there I see appa R3 Nagu MIL uncle Chuppi and Vivek (all smiles) and I went....heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! hugs and hugs and hugs! Missed ammmmmaaaa sooo much (how I wish she didnt have her music concert that day). Had to wait for 4.30 hours!!! Man! this was tuff. Never had I gotten that emotional ever before with all my people around.

Well, the rest....... I will make the story short.....

my house never looked so dear to me, my heart never was this emotional ever when I stepped home, tatima waiting to see me and me waiting to hug her and say that she looked so much healthier (patis and tatas like it when u say they look healthier and better and u mean it).

I cherished the auto rides while shuttling merrily from Vijaynagar to Jayanagar. AUTOS ROCK TOO!

And the fooooooooood ....oooh! how much I craved, longed for.

Meeitng my people talking for hours together listening to what each one had to say and gossipping (although men didnt prefer it)....all seemed to be like in my dream.

Meeting freinds made me realize how much I missed having them around.

Craving to eat road side pani puri, chaats and all yummy stuff that others think are unhygenic,falling sick after eating them and recovering from it...oh! such a typical, normal and a wonderful world.

Made a lot of plans and was not prepared for the unexpected and unplanned things creeping in, but that is what life is..... ain't it? looking forward to meet freinds relatives and man! functions....how could this slip off my mind. Well, had weddings, grihapravesham to attend. The very thought was soo thrilling. Abhi was wee bit shy meeting some of them whom he had not seen since our wedding.

Going for trips in a super 15 seater Tempo Traveller which invariably accommodates close to 18 people (of course a sweet driver turning grumpy and charging extra big time!) were awesome.

We had a very hectic time, couldnt stick to a few commitments and had to cancell meeting a few of our frends ....all this seemed so very disappointing but nonetheless, had a great time

Friends, Family, home...I am going to miss everyone and everything so much. Saying goodbye is so incredibly difficlut for me, because this is my home, this is where my heart is and will always be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can sooooooooo relate to this Chits....I feel the same when I near Bangalore.....mannn it truly is a wonderful Place on earth..

Koki