Saturday 18 December 2010

My Little Angel Was Born Sleeping

O’ my little Angel
Hope you’re in a better place
Every passing second I think of you
For this moment, is indeed, a disgrace.

I carried you for 9 months, there was no pain
Full of love, hopes and dreams, but all in vain
You were snatched from me before you were born
In your thoughts my child, I deeply mourn.

The day I was pregnant there was nothing in this world I wouldn’t give
Today I wish my baby boy could somehow live
I loved you the moment you were inside me
For you, my child, are precious and will always be.

Those precious dreams your dad and I held
Can never be fulfilled as we had planned
We longed to see how handsome you would be
Now we shed tears in melancholy.

We were eager to see you, hear your first cry
Why, my baby, did you have to die?
Wish we had a chance to hold your tiny hand
All we see is the void you’ve left behind.

You were born sleeping for it’s the way that was meant
Like they say, Angels from Heaven are occasionally sent
Love you my Angel, love you my child
My smile for you is hard to hide.

Sleep my baby, sleep in peace
These are your mummy’s whispers that would never cease.

5 comments:

Arti said...

Chitra,

I almost feel just like how you feel for the baby. I know how much it has touched both you and Abhi. I know the hopes you had and the pain you are in. Just hope again that god gives you lovely babies going further and the drifted soul merrily comes back into your womb with good health and blessings. We are always there for you. We love you and would always be by your side.

Laksh.. said...

Dear Sweetie,
I wanted you to pen down your sorrow, when I read this poem I felt you already heard what I said. Beautiful yet sad words. Soulful but heart- aching poem. I wish and I pray that god gives you enough strength to carry on. Remember no matter what, you can reach out to me anytime and I promise to be there for you.
Lots of love to you and Abhi
Laksh

IncredibleAnj said...

Sweetie.....very touching and it can only be a mother to have such wonderful and soulful feelings. Nobody in this world will ever be able to fill the void you have right now in your life, but again this world is such that we all have to move on with our lives hiding our sorrows and then the Universe will be forced to give you happiness in abundance. So keep going and open yourselves out to the Universe to receive peace and happiness in abundance.
Love you darling

devanshi said...

Chitra i know i am reading this late and as of today its irrelevant as god as given you such a sweet healthy beautiful child. As i read this post my heart cringed on certain lines. I could feel your pain and loss. The pain from the loss of a child is irrepairable irreversible they say for a mother but i think it is reversible. It is repairable by a potent drug called 'sarayu' or as you like it 'sugar'. I noticed that the next post is on 19th of may .

devanshi said...

Chitra i know i am reading this late and as of today its irrelevant as god as given you such a sweet healthy beautiful child. As i read this post my heart cringed on certain lines. I could feel your pain and loss. The pain from the loss of a child is irrepairable irreversible they say for a mother but i think it is reversible. It is repairable by a potent drug called 'sarayu' or as you like it 'sugar'. I noticed that the next post is on 19th of may .