Thursday 19 May 2011

Irony of Life...

19 – The date I liked so much. For no particular reason, just thought there was a strong positive vibe about the number in the calendar, really. When the ‘Expected Due Date’ of my baby calculated by my doctors was 10th December 2010, I secretly hoped that it should somehow extend up until the 19th – just so that my baby could be born on the date I loved and held quite close to heart. But, life isn’t quite such, as it was on 19th November 2010 I learnt that my baby was dead. Now, to me, this is like any other calendar date and I hold no special reservations to it anymore. Well, here we go, this is the 'Irony' and such is life!

3 comments:

Nalina said...

sorry about this Chitra ..Chaya told me about this incident. Dont loose hope, he will be back soon. 19th is again day that our family will remember. I lost my dear brother on 19th of April. He was 27 yrs. A tragic incident, had an heart attack, within secs he had disappeared and we couldnt do anything. God's game!

Subha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Subha said...

Dear Chitu,
19th is very special to me too but 19th November will be a sad day for me too and in fact all the people who love and care for you. Sometimes we all get attached to numbers and dates and it happens. I lost my mom the same date as my B'day but I haven't stopped celebrating it. Don't give up hope sweetie..hang in there !