Thursday 25 September 2014

My Daughter, my Delight!

It’s been ages since I blogged and don’t know quite where to begin. It’s fair to blame it all on our hectic routines and with living life. Yes, I have been absurdly busy and so to speak, that writing about Sugar and recording memories have had to fall by the wayside. I feel somewhat depressed – and I’m no different. Being up at 5 am to get ready for a hectic day and falling into bed exhausted at 11 pm does not an active blogger make! But it’s all good as I finally found time under the sun to do some writing… some recording. Sugar is growing up and too soon (scares me as I don’t want to miss her baby-ness which I’m cherishing to bits). She is 2.2 yo now and I can see self-identity traits budding in her already. She loves pink, her eyes twinkle and wears an instant smile when she sees my jewellery box. She keenly observes me applying lips stick and says “Mmmmm that’s Amma’s Lips Stick…Niceee”. Oh! By the way, Sugar talks in English with a ‘Brit’ accent – thanks to the Nursery, its staff and her friends. We talk to her in our local language and she picks both Kannada and Tamil well, replies in English. I don’t complain as long as she understands the two languages. She’s learnt to say “I Don’t Want It” when I try to feed her dinner (although I make sure I don’t feed her regular boring stuff) and also acknowledges if she likes the taste of something I make, says SUUUPER (with her fingers showing the super sign). She loves singing and dancing, she can dance to any tune or just wiggle her body, nod her had in rhythm to any music or even some of her favourite nursery rhymes. She loves Happy Birthday song and she is ever thrilled to sing it to any birthday person. She loves her nursery and her best friend is JESSICA. They are inseparable. She likes to be clean and loves cleaning stuffs herself. She craves for a kitchen towel only to wipe tables, the sofa and her toys that are in her vicinity. She likes her mouth to be dry and hates it if I spill water while feeding her from her tiny bottle. She slowly wants to drink milk from her favourite green beaker. She loves visiting my sisters here in Stratford, loves to play with my little nephew – her baby brother. However, she doesn’t like the idea of me or her dad cuddling the little bundle there!


She is truly the light of my life. She's good, and obedient, and polite, and helpful and naughty, but not the kind of naughty that gives a parent panic attacks. Just the kind of naughty that makes you smile, sigh a little. When I am rushing back home in the evenings my energy is at an all-time low. Magically, my spirits and my energy levels rise dramatically when I see her and hold her tight in my arms. I so crave for that moment when she lovingly says “Hi Ammaaaa” and gives me a nice big hug again. She's all I need to get through the rest of my day/night.

My daughter, my delight. Every day in every way.

5 comments:

IncredibleAnj said...

Beautiful - I can see both yours and your Sugar's expressive faces here all along in this very special post of yours. Keep it coming darl. NOTHING like recording your emotions and feelings of this gorgeous time that you get to spend with your little one coz soon all this will get on to the label tag of - 'DOWN THE MEMORY LANE'
Loads of love and hugs
Anju
Auckland, NZ

Unknown said...

Awwww....that's sooo nice...Sugar is sooooooo cute and you know what she is totally your junior in all ways.. Keep blogging about your joyous moments...it's lovely on to share the love and joy. Just listened to her happy birthday to Jessica audio..and her ladki ki kaati song..she is adorable...big hugs to you both
Koki

Arti said...

Chitra...its a lovely blog and we would like to read more about her through your expressive language... she is really adorable and my sweetie pie :) so well written

Unknown said...

Awwww chinni... sounds so good.
I can only imagine and draw a fairy land around you. But it's true these moments are best part of the life.
Kids get older too fast and too quickly.
Enjoy and cherish these lovely moments.
Hugs to both of u

dokka srinivasu said...

You shared here the joyous moments with your daughter. Nicely narrated about her small achievements from her childhood days to up to date. She is lucky for having such loving caring mom.You please share many more of your little joys which you got with your cute daughter frequently and these experiences give you to recollect even your childhood memories.

A small suggestion to you.While your daughter is growing old i.e. even after 2 or more years try to share with her something about India's incredible heritage, i.e our dances, our culture, our festivals etc. because even though she is in london she has gain some knowledge about our Incredible India's glorious heritage in her early years and this is useful to her. This is my opinion only.

Recently i am presented my Third Seminar on Indian Heritage and Culture to young children. In this seminar i am sharing my paintings and other collections relating to Indian Heritage and explaining children about various aspects of our Heritage and Culture through my collections. Children are eagerly participated in my seminar and they clarified their doubts about our glorious heritage.

http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2014/12/my-third-seminar-on-indian-heritage-and.html

Please look into my Third Seminar on Indian Heritage post and share your valuable and inspirational comment for the same.